It's been a while...
I've been wonderfully, productively, busy, immersed in school and life in ways that I hadn't been able to until a much needed shift happening in September. I am spending time thinking about whether or not I want to continue this blog, and if so, how. The original project is finished; I didn't get all the way through Plenty, but I got deep into it and through that endeavour, deeply immersed back into my own life and the compiling, experimenting, creating processes that occur in my kitchen and heart. So in the end, goal achieved.
What now, 2014?
I don't want to commit to a lot, because my primary goal for this year is to finish the Master's thesis I've been working on for the last few years. Tentatively, I'd like to have this finished by the summer, as lovely and terrifying as that sounds. But I also don't want to exist only for the academic work I choose to do, so time spent on art and in the kitchen are also required. I think I'd like to write more about food and the process of cooking - something more in the vein of Dana's Weekend Meditation series, in addition to recipes and such. I would also like to focus more on recipes of my own devising, I think. I've been having fun with those lately, and it would be nice to keep a record of them, rather than making them, enjoying them, and never having them again because I can't recall how I ended up with the result (this happens entirely too often).
I know I promised Patti the recipe for the ciambelle I made over the holidays. So that's one place to start.
I am travelling right now, and will return to my version of normal around mid-January. I'll do my best to have a plan by then. In the meantime, enjoy The Kitchn's selected posts from Dana's Weekend Meditations, and let me know if you find them as delightful as I do.
Here's to a happy and delicious year!
No comments:
Post a Comment